BlankJulie wrote:
"Any chance there's a nice, easy to read meter that measures PPM's?  Somehow, I
know there's no such thing, but have to ask."

Here's a thought. A cheap DMM coupled to a pair of wire electrodes, uniformly
spaced at say 1/2", with a uniform exposed length in each wire of say 1". You
will get some resistance reading. To equate it to a nominal PPM, it will need
to be calibrated against a batch of CS of known PPM. Maybe a knowledgeable list
member can suggest a commercial CS whose PMM is accurately known.

regards, Kevin
Some further thought: As stated by others, accuracy assumes your brewing
process produces mostly ions, not particles, but that seems pretty well
gauranteed. Also, that you have not used any CS brew starter such as salt. That
could be taken care of by doing before-and-after readings. The wires will have
to be maintained clean - ie no oxide film or scum. Stainless steel welding wire
from a welding supply probably best for that. Also, note that resistance
measurements give a result inverse to PPM. If you can't handle that, then try
reading milliamps with a battery in series - that should give a proportional
reading (but I see that Harold MacDonald warns against cheap DMM's in that
area).

<<Blank Bkgrd.gif>>