I have never had very good results with dandelion root tea purchased at a health food store, probably because the roots were not fresh.

I think if I were living in a city, I would take a little ride some weekend in early February, find a field (any farm will have plenty), ask the owner for permission to dig some roots after you've made sure the field hasn't been sprayed with pesticides (I'm sure they'll be obliging and curiously bemused), and get your own supply. I don't think you want to dig them later in the season, though I'm no expert. Many people would welcome someone coming and relieving them of some of their dandelions for free.

You can also pick a bunch when the puff balls are mature and plant a few pots for future use in your apartment. Then you can be certain they are "organic".

Dandelion tea is supposedly the only thing that will save a TURTLE with pneumonia--or so I've been told. A true labor of love...

Incidentally, to bring this back to the topic of CS, I have been dosing my dog with immune system problems for 24 hours now (1 tbls. 2X daily of 10 ppm orally). This afternoon she went wild, exhibiting the puppy-like behavior which is her norm (though she's going on 11), rolling in the mud, and sitting expectantly in the driver's seat of my VW bus which she hasn't done in a dog's age. I know the silver-based cream the pediatrician gave my son when he first learned to walk by pulling himself up on our (lit) woodstove worked miracles, though I don't understand WHY it worked either. But I have high hopes for my dog. Thanks for your help.

Thelma