OK, I'm definitely dropping out, the specs keep changing.
Common house voltage is 110 (or 120) vac.
Peak sinusoidal Is 1.414 times that = 156v.
If you rectify it with a halfwave rectifier your peak is a little less than 156
due to diode losses.
If you rectify it with a fullwave rectifier your peak is a little less than 156
due to diode losses.
You will not get peak or near peak DC unless you use a capacitor of decent size
as the DC drops in level until the next peak comes along.
The halfwave rectifier will need a larger capacitor than the fullwave rectifier
because there are only 60 peaks per second compared to 120 for the fullwave
rectifier.
You do NOT get double the voltage by using a fullwave. You get a voltage that is
easier to filter to the same voltage.

Of course we are talking about line to ground, that's what your getting at your
wall socket. Err.. in the US anyway. 220 is air conditioners, ranges, some
motors.

                                                        Chuck
Sometimes the only solution is to find a new problem !