Copper corrosion
Copper corrosion has been experienced thru-out the world. In water pipes, a
'patina' or coating normally rapidly developes on the internal surfaces of
the piping system shutting down any further corrosion. Any substance in the
water, including  'hungry water' that dissolves the patina will cause a
continual leaching of copper into the water.
Corrective measures include treatment to change the water from agressive to
quiescent quality. This usually requires the addition of potable phosphates
to maintain the 'patina'
However, dont take my word about it, [46 years in building systems design]
The copper producing industry maintains  an independent research facility  in
Stamford,Ct
called , I believe.Copper Environment , I dealt with them on many occasions
when this corrosion problem arose. They were always very helpful.  Bob