Dear K Mitchell,

The quote above solves the riddle I think. This distilled water you used
would seem to be of much better quality than the last. As there is much less
impurity the conductivity of the water is much lower, and the generating
process will begin at a snails pace...and it is likely that you will see no
reaction for some time. Be a little more patient, and I believe you will
notice the darkening of the positive electrode (anode) to begin with, and
not long after that things will pick up quite speedily.

Ivan