Happy Thanksgiving Day,

Some time ago I tried polarity reversing experiments with constant current,
stirred LVDC method.  I think the reversal time was somewhere between half
and one minute.  What I found was for the same brew time and all other
conditions being constant, the reversal CS was not nearly as "strong", as
measured by a Hanna PWT, as the unreversed CS.

Why?  At the onset of each reversal, is there a period of time wherein some
sort of electrochemical reaction to "undo" something at each electrode
before it can start producing more CS?  This seems borne out because the
voltage across the electrodes at constant current changes at the onset of
the reversal before gradually settling back to about the voltage before the
reversal.  I don't remember if the voltage rose or dipped at reversal time.

Electrochemists - what's going on here?  Even though it make take longer to
end up with the same strength brew, is the reversal method still
advantageous?

--Steve