In article <3c0d7897.dbd72...@bol-online.com>,
Reid Harvey <ceram...@bol-online.com> wrote:
>Ole Bob,
>I can think of one very good reason to buy concentrated CS:  simple
>economics.  For folks who don't have the finanacial wherewithall to make
>their own CS it makes excellant sense to buy the concentrated stuff.  I
>think this would also be true for others who are traveling, but do not
>feel they can take along a generator, seek out steam distilled water,
>worry about an electrical connection, etc.
>
>Perhaps you didn't see the posting I sent some time ago about the
>Mexican CS products, Microdyn and Biopur.  These are a godsend to
>Mexicans who can purchase 15ml. of what dilutes down to about 4.5 liters
>of 10ppm CS.  This is exactly the way that CS should be made available
>in developing countries, indeed, for the poor in the U.S.  (What irony
>that poor Mexicans have this wonderful remedy available, while their
>counterparts in the land of the free and the home of the brave do not!)
>The fact is that there are lots of poor Americans who could never afford
>the $5 to $10 cost of the 4oz. or 8oz. bottles available as 'nutritional
>supliments.'
>
>I think we on the silver list need to have a hard look at the simple
>economics of CS.  Granted that there are lots of folks on this list and
>elsewhere who could themselves be classified as low income, who are
>making CS with good results.  But there are lots of low income folks who
>have never had the benefit of an education, sufficient to make CS, let
>alone use it. Please, please, lets give concentrated CS the benefit of a
>hearing that it desrves.

Judging from recent discussions on this list, it appears that these
concentrated silver solutions are implicated in cases of argyria and are
not true electro-colloidal silver. Are economic considerations really a
valid reason to support what seems to be an inferior product?

--
John A. Stanley                           j...@natel.net