Morning Ken,

At 08:38 AM 12/13/2001 -0500, you wrote:
  The $5 to $8 digital multimeter from harbor freight probably costs less
than a panel meter, is already calibrated and has a variety of ranges.
Just wire it in?

I know...... but I want to make a nice pretty compact unit so I can say my gen is prettier than yours. <grin>

  Some of us get our kicks by tinkering.

  For the non-tinkerers, a whole different set of rules apply.

Ultimately, I might add an analog output and connect this to my data logging system to log the current flow from beginning to end, that is, when I get all my real work caught up.

After that, I could add a auto shut off and stop the process at a specific current. Then I could start a batch and go to sleep, or go fishing. It don't cost much to daydream. All the hardware to do this cost a bit more.

 Wayne

To join or quit silver-list or silver-digest send an e-mail message to: silver-list-requ...@eskimo.com -or- silver-digest-requ...@eskimo.com