> >" Can one put CS in with our Beta? We've had it for 8 months!
and:
> You ask about a Beta. I'm not familiar with this term, so can't make any
suggestions. As for fish--I have no idea! I tend to think not, but perhaps
someone else has had experience with this."

OK, you guys, listen up, Marshalee the Perfectionist here...
It is Betta, pronounced "Bet-uh" not "Bayta". Beta is a Greek letter. Betta
is a Siamese Fighting Fish.
Got it?
Sorry, that is one of my pet peeves, as I have been a Betta owner and
fancier for many years.
 Yes, CS is good for Bettas. Mine is in a one gallon glass bowl, not one of
those abominable tiny prisons, which also makes me cringe, as Bettas love to
swim freely. (They also appreciate a water temp. of 80 degrees, not room
temp. Amazing how active they are when given room, heat and good food!) When
I`m not so broke, I`m getting him a five gallon aquarium.
Now and then I put some CS into his freshly changed water, about a
teaspoonful. Doesn`t seem to hurt him any, and I`ve had this fellow for over
a year, so far so good!
He is unusual in color, he has a deep blue body, with blue-edged golden
fins!
(By the way, for the Newbies out there, who missed my rant of several months
ago, the word is "preventive", not "preventatative",
ie.what CS is so good at doing!)
OK, I`ll shut up for now!!! :o)
Love,
Marshalee