Some interesting observations, Chuck. That emoticon "<;^)" IS a puzzle - wonder
whether it is of ancient Sumerian origin? Which brings us to Zacharia Sitchin.
I have skimmed through his stuff at www.sitchin.com. Why only skimmed? Well,
his major premise of ancient extraterrestrial visitors ("Anunnaki") from a 12th
planet "Nibiru" having a hugely eliptical orbit with a of period around 3600
years, presents a few basic problems. You see, spending so much time out in the
deeply frozen, dark, and comet bombarded regions of the outer solar system,
it's hard to imagine how any life could survive, let alone ever get going in
the first place - irrespective of whether you believe life evolves or is
divinely created. For a good introduction to the concept of 'habitable zones',
I would highly recommend reading the feature article "Refuges for Life in a
Hostile Universe", appearing in the Oct 2001 issue of Scientific American (I
know, I know, establishment scientists - real weirdos - but sometimes they do
get it right). Anyhow, if the basic premise is whacky, I see little point in
going "in-depth", and would prefer some more prosaic explanation of human
origins, ancient cataclysms, etc, than what Sitchin offers. A ripping good
yarn, but not to be taken too seriously, in my view. I comment on it here
because it serves as a good example of how to approach any radical idea - be it
to do with influences on CS making, ET origins or whatever. Check the basic
premises; if they fail to make sense, the whole edifice comes crashing down.
Often it may be hard to determine that, especially on a topic outside one's
expertise. So the best strategy is then to seek out any Con arguements, and
sift the total evidence - for and against. This may entail seeking others
opinions. Time consuming perhaps, but generally worth it in the end. It pays to
have a healthy skepticism. Just now, I have done a quick search on Sitchin, and
come up with the following con site;
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/8148/zindex.html. Happy reading. I DO
NOT WISH THIS MOSTLY OFF-TOPIC TO CONTINUE HERE. ANYONE MAY CONTACT ME OFF-LIST
IF THEY WISH TO DISCUSS IT FURTHER.

regards, Kevin Nolan ken...@optusnet.com.au