Please consider the following discussion as coming from a limited background,
based on what little I know about CS:  the quality of CS is not determined by
ppm, but by particle size and purity.  Solution ppm shouldn't typically change,
even over long term, as the silver can't just "disappear."  However, it can
clump into larger particles (due to cohesive forces), rendering it ineffective.
 It can also combine molecularly with contaminants in the solvent (water) or
the container, which makes a good case for using inert (glass) bottles.  Also,
keep in mind due to light degradation.  Particle size can be tested, but not
without cost.
Btw does anyone know of an inexpensive particle size tester?  I think it's lab
equipment, not a handheld like a TDS meter.
Would appreciate anyone who can either affirm or correct the above information.
  I Anderson <i...@win.co.nz> wrote: I guess it's a case of what ever works for
you!
I have 10L of 3 year old CS, slight golden colour, that tests as
having the same concentration (22ppm) as the day it was made. And it
was made without any stirring at all, apart from the occasional hand
stirring during the 2.5 days it took to make it!

Regards
Ivan.

silver-list-requ...@eskimo.com -or- silver-digest-requ...@eskimo.com
List maintainer: Mike Devour