Yes, you are right except in regards to stability.
Whilst the silver can't disappear, it can plate out on to the sides of
the container, or flocculate and settle out.
Being a manufacturer of CS, I probably have different expectations of
a quality CS than most users, to me stability is paramount as the
label must reflect the contents of the bottle even after sitting on
the shelf for a year or more. I also need to be prepared for some
authority testing the contents for purity.

However, I am the first to say that it is practically impossible to
make a CS that is not effective, no matter how simple the generator...
I am not one who believes that particle size is of great importance,
1nm or 50nm, it all seems to work... its just that the smaller the
particle size the more stable the colloid.

I should also note, that when I measure CS I measure the ionic content
primarily because that is what I endeavour to produce.

Glass bottles are intuitively the best container, but this is not
necessarily so. Positive ions (cations) will plate out onto glass, and
inert plastics are probably a better choice. Pure CS should not be
light sensitive.

Apart from electron microscopy, or 20nm syringe filters, there is no
cheap particle sizing.

Regards
Ivan.