Hi James,

   If you go back to materials from the late 1800's and writings about them
you will see that only about 10% of B anthracis was virulent.  So, chances
are very high that the CS at that time was tested against this much less
virulent spore.

The virulent form of Bacillus anthracis has three known virulence (toxic)
factors.  They are an antiphagocytic capsule, and two protein exotoxins
known as the "lethal" and "edema" toxins.

The non-virulent anthrax bacteria lacks the antiphagocytic capsule. This
means its capsule is not resistant to phagocyte (cleaning) activity.

The toxic form of anthrax, with the antiphagocytic capsule, stays in the
body and begins the process of releasing the edema toxins and lethal toxins.
At this point, toxins that bind to the cells share a protective antigen.
This antigen defends the bacteria from the immune system and antibiotics.
The capsulr protects the
toxins until it releases them into the blood stream.  Within minutes, the
cells are beginning to be overwhelmed.

  Hypothesizing that CS can at this point do something relies on a
person knowing they need it.

 With this protection, the toxins build very quickly, overwhelming the body,
and are fully capable of causing death within twenty-four hours of the onset
of symptoms.

  Frank Keyes of the Colloidla silver Lab in NJ can talk at length on this.

  I don't have the time to retrace every step I took to get to this, but I
can tell you that it was many hours.  I took nothing at face value.

  I spent countless hours at www.scirus.com search engine, and then
countless more looking at historical accounts of

 The best I can do on the Nature article is recalling that it was within
the past two months.

  If people really want to know, they'll research it as I did.  I don't mean
that
as abruptly as it sounds.  It's just that I'm satisfied with what I've done
to pursue facts on CS and anthrax and have no need to revisit it - nor
does it really matter to me if people choose to not seek the facts
themselves
as long as they don't misrepresent things to others who can be hurt
by it.

 Regards,
Catherine