Mike D wrote:

         <  Is there any benefit from topical application of coconut oil for
skin
                         disorders? >

                    Yes, I have on several ocassions prescribed  ozonated
Coconut Oil for my patients [ Geriatric,Adult and Paediatric ] with
dermatological problems. They responded satisfactorily. There was a case of
painful scalded
hand of a young girl. Immersion of the scalded hand in coconut oil bubbling
with ozone relieved the severe pain within minutes. Wet dressing of the
scalded areas with Colloidal Silver [5 to 10 ppm] expedites epithelization
of the scalded tissue. I have the presence of mind to videotape this
out-patient  case for clinical presentation.

                  Coconut Oil, like the mother's milk, is rich in lauric
acid, which is converted in the body to the fatty acid, monolaurin, which is
anti-viral. The
presence of monolaurin may ward off  infectious viruses that cause Measles,
Herpes, Cytomegalovirus,Vesicular stomatitis and possibly the AIDS virus.

With regards
    Lew