Hi Val,
What you describe suggests that rather than just taking CS 2 or 3 times
a day (good idea while something is not right with your health), but maybe a
more direct approach to your lung problem might be  with a nebulizer.
I can't advise about it's use, but if you will go to the archives:
            http://www.escribe.com/health/thesilverlist/index.html
and type in nebulizer in the search window, The info there should  help
you decide whether or not to try that method.

Jack