> I have been purchasing CS at my HFS.  I buy 30 ppm.  Any comments on that?
> I understand that some of you make your own.  How do you know the
particles
> are small enough to do the job?  I would LIKE to make my own to save
money,
> though I am worried that I can't pull it off.  As in I am not handy.  So,
is
> there anyone out there that know how/where I buy a generator, or how easy
it
> is to make one?  Sorry for all the newbie questions.  Just scared to get
> something off the net that may not work.
> Lona'

Dear Lona, Hello and welcome! I`m Marshalee, an oldie but goodie around
here. Here are the directions for the really simple CS generator that I give
to all and sundry who care to know. The CS made this way works just fine,
and is a heckuva lot less expensive, a few cents a gallon.

Here`s how to make Colloidal Silver:

You`ll need 3 nine-volt batteries, the square ones.
  (the Lithiums last 4 times longer than the alkalines, if you can afford
them;
  they are about 21 bucks at Radio Shack)
2  five inch pieces of pure silver wire, 14 gauge, .999 fine, (not sterling
  as it has other metals in it.)
2 alligator clips, (the kind with 2 clips on either end of a plastic-coated
  wire, also available at the Shack)
2 cups of distilled water in a glass measuring cup, (I always use glass to
  make CS in. I have a cup used solely for making my CS.)
A new green scrubber, just for this purpose.
An empty water bottle to store your finished CS in. A pop top plastic bottle
is just fine.

  Rinse the cup and storage bottle with distilled water to remove any dust
or
soap residue.
 Take the batteries and snap them together, one upside down on top of the
other two.
This will leave two empty posts on the batteries.
Connect each silver wires to the two empty posts with the two alligator
clips.
Drop the wires into the water, with about 4 inches submerged, and about 1
inch apart.
(As they tend to float around, you can put a candycane bend in the top of
the wires
and hang that over the lip of the cup, with the connectors hooked to the
bend.) Don`t let the connectors get into the water.
  It is now working. You can`t get shocked by it.
Now leave it and time for 30 minutes. You may notice some bubbles coming off
one wire, and fine wisps of gold coming off the other, that is the Colloid
forming! The bubbles are hydrogen, from the water. There will be a buildup
of fuzz on one wire, that is silver oxide. It is harmless, but you can wipe
it off
with a paper towel. Replace the wires, and time for another 30 minutes. This
one hour activation gives a CS of about 18 PPM.  The longer it works, the
higher the PPM.
  When finished, wipe off the wires with a paper towel, then with the green
scrubber until the wires are shiny again, and detach the batteries. Store it
all in a ziploc bag to keep it handy. The finished CS doesn`t need to be
refrigerated. If you keep the bottle out where you see it, you`ll remember
to take it.
 I take 3 big swallows a day for an active infection, sometimes even more.
(My swallow is about 1/3 of a cup.) The silver particles are fine enough to
be easily excreted, so taking more won`t hurt. If you hold the CS in your
mouth for a few minutes, it will clean your mouth nicely.
I take one swallow a day for a preventive. I use it topically too, and even
in the
eyes. It is mild and doesn`t sting. Splash some in the pits for a natural
deodorant. It is bacteria that causes BO, and since CS kills the bacteria,
no BO!
CS doesn`t taste too bad either. Some folks notice a metallic tang, others
don`t. I put some on my skin and let it dry for a sunburn, and was tan the
next day. I use it for bug bites and stings too. Canker sores respond
quickly.
I have used CS for my pet birds, and always put some in the water bowl for
my Pug dogs. CS is even good for cut flowers, they will last for weeks. It
is bacteria that actually kills fresh-cut flowers.
It can be sprayed on houseplants with fungus or rust.
A dollop in the milk jug keeps the milk fresh for a long time.
There are lots more uses for CS in the body and around the house,
any place bacteria live can benefit from CS.
 I have some wire available that I sell for 5 bucks just so folks don`t have
to get the minimum order, which turns out to be several feet of wire. If
someone does want that much, I send them the phone number of my supplier.
I`m not in CS to make money, just for the joy of helping folks get well
again, like I did!