It is quite possible that these studies are not consistent with today's high
quality CS.  From what I have read the silver of that period was ground, and the
particles extremely large by today's standards.  Since most of us here believe
that the effectiveness is more proportional to the number of particles, than the
amount of silver in a particle, what was required in the 20's may be
significantly higher than what is needed today.

Marshall