  From: John Pannell
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2002 3:03 PM
  Subject: CS>Size of cathode

  I am trying to refine my CS generator. There is a lot of silver plating out
as grey sludge on the cathode. I would like to find a way to minimize this.

  I use 3 Maple Leaf coins 3/4 submerged as anodes and a single stainless steel
cathode approx. 1/2" x 3 1/2" x 1/16" in a 1500 milliliter container with a
switching power supply starting at 20 volts & I manually lower the voltage to
maintain about 1.5 to 2 milliamps current.

  Does the size of the cathode make a difference? I thought that using a
smaller cathode might leave less surface area for the silver to plate out, but
would this affect the current?