LVDC, if done right, can be stable for years.
With a bit of attention and trickery, even battery made CS can be made right.

First, control the current with circuitry, a potentiometer, sequential removal of batteries or sequential increases in distance between electrodes. [This increases run time for the same PPM and decreases particle size]
Second, keep the ion cloud dispersed with thermal convection, motorized stirring or bubbling. [This protects the small particles from becoming big ones]

Lastly, don't make it too strong [like, under 30PPM..preferably somewhere around 15PPM ]
Depending on how it's measured, I have made stable LVDC CS up to 50PPM using Trems microsiemens x 1.2 formula of measurement.
After around 20-30PPM it gets a bit more picky and tricky to do so.
Ken