Hi List,

Our neighbor has a lamb about 6 months old that is running a fever of 105 F.and
the fever is not responding to antibiotics.  Its most significant symptom is
the fever and lethargy.  The fever was up to 107 F.  It has been sick for 5
days and getting antibiotics for 4 days.  The vet thinks it is an enterococcus
or maybe pneumonia but no usual pneumonia symptoms are present.  The digestive
symptoms that accompany enterococcus infection are not present either.  The
stool was initially loose and had mucous when the antibiotics were first
started but has since normalized.

We have offered CS to her but she is worried about the rumen being compromised.
 Does anyone have any direct experience with giving CS to sheep?

Thanks folks.

Trem