I wanted to put in my 2 cents on DMSO also.  I have a problem with my
shoulder and neck.  Not really sure if it is arthritis or soft tissue, I
think it may be a problem in both.  I have been taking herbs to help
arthritis and it takes care of about most of the pain most of the time.
Sometimes it just gets aggravated by too much/not enough exercise and
there is more pain.

I have read many DMSO stories here (and on the web), and had used a very
small amount (a few drops) with a topical spray (Painstop).  It did not
do much for me, maybe nothing more than the Painstop itself. Yesterday I
decided to mix 50/50 with CS (a couple of dropersful of both) and apply
with a clean cotton pad. WOW, the bottle heated up as soon as it mixed.
I dabbed it on gently after my bath (Garlic smell but I don't care!) and
got dressed.

To make a long story short, I forgot to take my arthritis herbs last
night; I slept well without pain, and got up this morning without pain!
Fantastic!  I repeated the procedure today after my bath.

My only question now is:  Do I continue to do this every day, or just
when the pain returns?  I make and use CS on a regular basis, so I am
not afraid of it, but not sure about DMSO.

Thanks for your wonderful advice!
Cindy