I have no hard data on it.  Just an estimate from various times when family
members have been fighting off the flu or a sore throat, and how often you have
to take it to keep ahead of it.  For instance if it seems to take 2 oz to get a
sore throat to go away, but it comes back in an hour, then if you take 4 oz, and
it takes about 8 hours to come back, one can get a little bit of a handle on how
long it is sticking around.

Marshall