Hi Johnny,

Do you remember where you seen the membrane transfer info? Did they not have a reference to their source of info?
Johnny wrote::

I do not understand ionic. It seems to me it is just another way of saying molecular, which I equate with bad. Who were the first one or two people to promote ionic and where is their research to be found. I want to be able to debunk it properly or not at all. Can anyone answer this.

A molecule can be made up of one element, or many elements, and has all electrons necessary to be stable in that molecular form, i.e.. a silver particle. An ion is one atom missing one or more electrons or having extra electrons. Silver ions usually are missing one, but can be missing two or three, but do not have extra electrons. The ion missing electrons is a positive ion and behave completely different from a silver atom or molecule. Silver atoms and molecules are very stable and possess no electrical charge. They can assume a charge (appear charged) due to the effects of ions adsorbing to the molecule, but when they are removed the charge will be zero.

I'm unsure who discovered that biological systems are made up of and require substances to be ionic, but it occurred a long time ago. It is now general knowledge in biology, chemistry, medicine and physics. Most biology textbooks cover this. One study that I know of that actually mentions that silver must be in ionic form for any action to occur is the British Columbia Silver Study <http://wlapwww.gov.bc.ca/wat/wq/BCguidelines/silver/bcsilver-14.htm#P623_48187> It states

    The biological effects of silver are apparently due to reversible
    bonds with enzymes and other active molecules on the surface of
    cells. Due to its sulphydryl binding propensity,
    biologically-available silver disrupts membranes, disables
    proteins and inhibits enzymes. The ionic form of silver is
    necessary for biological activity and the lipid phase of the
    membrane appears to be important in adsorbing silver ions to
    living cells.

It will be impossible to debunk ionic interaction, it is a fact of life. It may be possible to debunk silver particles, if your into debunking. Food for thought, other mineral supplements, and vitamins for that matter, are in a form that will release ions when consumed. For example, calcium, a metal, is not packaged as calcium, but as C. citrate, C. oxalate, and many other ...ates and ...ites. The same is true for all the metals we consume. These are compounds that get broken down in our digestive juices and have the ...ate stripped from the molecule leaving the ionic portion of the metal behind to do the work. At least that's the theory, however breakdown and absorption can be low. A better alternative is to get the vitamins and minerals we need from plant and animal sources, where the nutrients are either already in ionic form, or in a form more easily converted back to the ions our bodies need.

Just my thoughts,

Rob