Ode Coyote wrote:

>   If when using salt, silver chloride is made...shouldn't we also get
> sodium hydroxide? [lye]
>  And a fairly pronounced shift in PH?

Yes. But how much would 5 ppm of sodium hydroxide shift the ph?  If you add much
salt at all the buffering effect of the remaining salt should keep it from
varying
widely.  It would only take a minute amount of absorbed CO2 to neutralized the
minute amount of sodium hydroxide.

>  If injecting CS makes some silver chloride there should also be some
> sodium hydroxide.

In this case the minute amount would react instantly with the CO2 that is always
found in the blood I believe.

Marshall