How do ancestors get silver from soil when silver is a precious metal
because of its rarity?
 Maybe "some" ancestors got some and maybe thay were healthier than many
other ancestors, most of whom lived for about 40 years.
 There's something about wearing yourself out with hard labor or getting
killed young in a very dangerous world that tends to prevent old age
related disease.  Does a shrew ever get cancer?  Would you, if you starved
to death at 35 or got run over by a bison?

 There's organic soil [mulch, humus etc] and inorganic soil [mineral,
ground up rock]
Minerals leaching from mineral soil? Wouldn't you be left with plain old
rock? [chock full of minerals]
Since when is any given area of rock the same as any other area?
Does granite have the same silver content as quarts? [Or the same
radioactive trace elements?]

 Has anyone made a chemical comparison between foods from 100 yrs ago and
today? [I think not]

I dunno, My BS-o-meter is screaming modern myth.
 If people are vitamin deficient, it's probably because they don't eat
right...not that many of our ancestors did either.
 Seen a case of scurvy or rickets lately?  Goiters?

Ken