Oh no, nothing so scientific Marshall, simply using my Hanna PWT to measure,
I see I forgot to mention that.
So what would be your guess to the increase ppm in the porcelain bowl also?

From: Marshall Dudley <mdud...@execonn.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 10:34:18 -0400
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>Silver plate-out experiment

Connie wrote:
I just completed an experiment.
We often warn pet owners not to use SS, metal utensils for watering when CS
is added secondary to silver plate out.

My results:

I measured several times over a 52+ hr. period.
There was nearly 2 c of CS in the stainless steel bowl, 1-1/4 c in the
procelain type bowl.
They were of comparable size. (No specific reasoning, just how I poured it.)

Starting measure of the CS at start was 16.5ppm
This was freshly generated, right out of the brewing jar CS, manufactured by
my Silvergen SG6 generator.
Measured immediately after pouring into the bowls: SS=15.7    Porcelain=16.2

I did cover the bowls with small plates, there should not have been any
significant settling of atmosphere contaminants to explain the increasing
ppm of the CS water.

Time                      SS                        Porcelain
3 hrs                    14.7                         14.6
10 hrs.                 13.3                         13.2
23 hrs                  14.8                         13.7
36 hrs                  15.8                         14.4
48 hrs                  19.4                         15.3
52 hrs                  20.4                         17.1

That is exactly what I would expect.  It is known that SS can contain
copper, and that when silver ions contact copper, the silver plates out, and
the copper replaces them.  I suspect that the increase in conductivity is
from silver particles being replaced with copper ions as well. At any rate,
if you want to have CS in the bowl instead of CC, I would not recommend
using it.

MY conclusion....we no longer need to worry of losing silver ions in the use
of SS bowls for communal animal watering.

Did you really test for silver? Or did you test for ions of any metal, IE a
conductivity measurement?  Unless you tested specifically for silver, you
cannot reach that conclusion fom your data.

Marshall

Comments please!!

Connie