Connie <wufn...@stargate.net> wrote:
I just completed an experiment.
We often warn pet owners not to use SS, metal utensils for watering when CS is
added secondary to silver plate out.

My results:

I measured several times over a 52+ hr. period.
There was nearly 2 c of CS in the stainless steel bowl, 1-1/4 c in the
procelain type bowl.
They were of comparable size. (No specific reasoning, just how I poured it.)

Starting measure of the CS at start was 16.5ppm
This was freshly generated, right out of the brewing jar CS, manufactured by my
Silvergen SG6 generator.
Measured immediately after pouring into the bowls: SS=15.7     Porcelain=16.2

I did cover the bowls with small plates, there should not have been any
significant settling of atmosphere contaminants to explain the increasing ppm
of the CS water.

Time                       SS                         Porcelain
3 hrs                     14.7                          14.6
10 hrs.                  13.3                          13.2
23 hrs                   14.8                          13.7
36 hrs                   15.8                          14.4
48 hrs                   19.4                          15.3
52 hrs                   20.4                          17.1

MY conclusion....we no longer need to worry of losing silver ions in the use of
SS bowls for communal animal watering.

Comments please!!

Connie

My apartment is heated with dry heat and i usually put water in stainless
steel, metal or evern cast iron pots with a table spoon of cs in the water to
add moisture in the air  is that safe?

thank you