Ivan and Ken,

You're exploring the issue of accuracy and precision of the Hanna PWT
and TDS quite thoroughly! But let's see if I'm misinterpreting you
right on a couple of points... <grin>

Specs for my Hanna TDS-1:

Range: 0 to 999 ppm
Resolution: 1 ppm
Accuracy: +/- 10 ppm
Typical EMC Deviation: +/- 1% of Full Scale

If I interpret this right, my TDS meter should read in steps of 1 ppm,
with no decimal point or tenths, etc., which indeed it does.

That means the smallest increment it can *resolve* is 1 ppm.

The display, with 3 digits, will show from 0 to 999.

The accuracy of 10 ppm out of a full scale range of 1000 ppm is, indeed
1%.

I don't know what "Typical EMC deviation" means. What's EMC?

It's pretty clear why the TDS-1 isn't the best tool for measuring low
ppm CS. I'm attempting to use ruler where a vernier caliper would be
better. Still, it's been stable and seems more accurate than spec.

So what are the specs for the PWT?