Dear Langley,
                In answer to your questions I offer:
                (1)  The ratio of CS to Gatorade (or any balanced fluid
electrolyte) used, was between 75% CS X 25% GA, down to ratios as low
as  50% CS X50% GA.  There was little difference noted among any of the
formulations.  My personal preference would be for 50%CS X 25% GA.
Primarily, because the need for IMMEDIATE re-hydration is, almost
always, of pressing need;  and without which NO protocol is usually
successful.
                (2)  Several different ratios were involved  from almost
totally Ionic, down to preparations of approximately 50% Ionic X 50%
particulate.  We were unable to quantify any advantage of one over the
other.  Personally, I would prefer a preparation that contained a
measureable percentage of both.......not only for Parvo, but for any
other pathogen affecting the alimentary tract.
                (3)  Preparations between 10 ppm and 20 ppm were
employed.......with no detectable advantage of one over the other.
                (4)  The puppies were not forced to retain the liquid
for any prescribed length of time.....except that, sometimes, the very
young 3 weeks or younger----were held up-side down for two to three
minutes before restoring them to horizontal.  If they immediately
evacuated, they were enemated again immediately (we determined, over
time, that 10 minutes of retention -time exhibitied to be
effective.....in a majority of all cases).  Actually, unless excessive
volumes were introduced, involuntary evacuation did not present a
frequent or major problem.  Obviously, the most rapid improvement
occurred when total retention resulted.  Expectedly, the more pronounced
the dehydration, the more dramatic----and swift---was the improvement.
                (5)     For acute, emergency-type cases the protocol was
repeated every 3 hours for total of 12 hours time.  After a pause of 4
to 6 hours, the protocol was resumed/repeated  for a minimum of 3
days.....or until favorable resolution manifested.  Occasionally,
treatment was required for 4 to 6 days....but this was a rarity.  NOTE:
The protocol was NEVER discontinued until the subject freely, of its own
volition, had resumed consuming liquids......unaided.
                (6)  The puppies ranged in age from 9 days to 4 months.
                No! The same solution was NOT used for IV as for
enemation.  The IV solution was, actually, composed of Lactated Ringers
plus 10 ppm CS.  Interestingly, as a general rule, the speed-of-action
of the enema was competitively
near that of IV.  However, the IV protocol was less stressful and
was....as a rule, used, primarily, on the near-moribund puppies of very
young age.  IV was, sometimes, the protocol of last resort----especially
in cases exacerbated by complementary pathogenic agents (or parasites)
or where the subjects were greatly emaciated.
                I hope these answers prove sufficient for you.
                                Sincerely,  Brooks.
P.S.   Although not quantitatively corroborated, we feel confidant that
the glucose fraction in the solution exhibited a definite nutritional
support/detox function.