This is the only reference I could find on CS toxicity to brain cells. If this is true then do not use DMSO with CS. It will carry it right across the blood brain barrier within seconds of oral or topical administration.

   If DMSO is crossing the blood brain barrier, what keeps it from
effecting horses whereas DMSO is used freely?

Will DMSO along have any ill effect on the brain or only the material it carries.

  I have only used CS with DMSO for a tooth ache which it helped in minutes.

  This is not a normal tooth ache as it is caused by an infection.

The tooth has been marked for death for 5.5 years. It is very important for chewing trail mix which I eat daily.

Thus I am being very hard headed about giving up this important tooth. As long as DMSO and CS will ease the pain, I will use this tooth for a few more years.

  Actually, during this 5 year period, it has only hurt 3 times.

  Wayne