I have a nasty sore throat, ears feel achy, feel like my glands are
swollen, and kinda achy around the neck and shoulders. I  had felt like I
was trying to come down with something for about 3 or 4 days, began to
drink, swish more CS, added CS nose drops (with 1 drop of a 10% DMSO 90% CS
mix to the CS in the nasal spray bottle), inhaled CS from a mister bottle
about 3 times a day. Several weeks ago, I felt a cold coming on, with
similar symptoms to these, but with worse ear pain, and I upped my CS
consumption then also, and did plain CS nose drops, and peroxide in the
ears, and symptoms only lasted 36 hours.
  This time its been at least 72 hours and my sore throat is much worse
today. What the heck?
Could this be a herxheimer reaction? I have no fever, in fact my temp is
97.4.....I've been drinking CS at about 2 ounces a day for over 2 months now
with no problem  so it doesn't seem like it could be herx, but it worries me
that my sore throat really fired up today, after 3 days of extra CS.
  Is it time for a trip for a strep test? Having just read that CS can kill
strep germs, though, even if it is strep, why isn't it taking care of this?
  Hope someone has some suggestions for me, I'm puzzled and my throat really
hurts!
paula
--
Dinsdale and Julius Groucho, Bailey and Thumper (bunnies); Spati and Ripi
(cats)