A frequently referenced article many may be familiar with and a nice
complement to Ron's posting of a 1914 Scientific American article (see
Archives):
"...Suppose we have a cube of iron measuring an inch on each edge. The
total surface would be six square inches. The electrical charge is on
the surface; therefore, the greater the surface the greater the charge;
and if we divide the cube of iron into smaller pieces we increase the
surface areas. By colloidal chemistry that iron cube can be divided into
particles so minute that they are invisible, hence instead of six square
inches of surface emanating electric energy, we have something like 127
acres...The study of these phenomena constitutes the road to the
ultimate in human knowledge."
Chemistry's Miraculous Colloids by Kenneth Andrews
http://www.life-enthusiast.com/ormus/orm_colloidal.htm
Ron's post: http://escribe.com/health/thesilverlist/m51861.html
jr