I'm new at making CS, and have read that it can't be properly made in such a short time, that you get larger particles and that they aren't as effective. I've also read that if the CS that is made is yellow in color that the particles are too large. The article was written by a fellow that has been studying CS since 1981 and has available very expensive equipment to test it. He also recommends using alternating current rather then direct current.

Comments please.

Jim

mamapug wrote:

Thanks for the replies. It took about an hour and a half before anything
started to happen but it finally did. Then I let it cook for another 30
minutes. I guess I need to use a different brand if water. Been using
the Walmart brand. Thanks for all the help.

I use the Walmart brand, no problems. I let mine work for 30 minutes, wipe
the wires and give it another 30 minutes. Result, approx. 18 PPM.
Works for me!!
Marshalee