Hello,
I have been investigating colloidal silver lately after a long journey with
entomoeba histolytica and other health problems, especially in the last year. I
was diagnosed with hypothyroidism (have been hypo for years but ignored),
adrenal hypofunction, and entomoeba histolytica infection. I was treated for
the amoeba with flagyl a month after the thyroid diagnosis which was a
disastrous health period of beginning the wrong kind of thyroid therapy and not
getting any treatment for adrenal fatigue on top of it. So, the flagyl just
about killed me. It was prescribed by a totally parasite ignorant doctor after
I took the initiative to get a GI test on my own and brought him the results
and the treatment protocol. I just was not able to handle 10 days of Flagyl at
750mg/day. I quit after day 4. At about that time, I got a new out of state
thyroid doctor and was put on all T3, and low dose cortef. Over the next few
months, my health improved greatly, except that I still had the bug. I visited
a new doctor to see what other meds I could take for the amoeba. He ran blood
tests and determined that I no longer had it. Well, others more knowledgeable
informed me that blood tests were not good indicators whether I did or didn't
still have this infection. I came to the conclusion that I still had it because
I knew I was not right.

Histolytica is a nasty parasite that bores into the intestinal lumen and other
soft tissue (liver, brain) and hides. It also produces copious amounts of
infective cysts. It makes substances that turn off the immune system. I live in
an area where these type of parasite infections are fairly unknown by doctors
and doctors are woefully ignorant. I knew I would not likely get help from any
local or statewide doc and there was only one other "approved" medication
available to me that was very nasty. So, I needed a systemic drug that would
get these hiders as well as something to kill the cysts. I decided to order
Tinidazole from overseas. It is not approved here in the US because the drug
companies have decided it won't be profitable. It kills the amoeba and cysts in
just 3 days, which is much more tolerable for sick people. It must be followed
with another antibiotic (paromomycin, Iodoquinol, or Yodoxin) for 2 weeks to 20
days in order to take care of the remaining cysts. I was not able to get any of
these others. So, I happened on a product called Silver & Clove, which contains
colloidal silver, berberine (known to kill amoeba) and a few other things. I
used that for a 3 weeks, while I waited for the tinidazole to arrive and I had
pretty good results. Then after taking the tinidazole I continued using Silver
& Clove for over a week. Now, I am using a 500ppm colloidal silver preparation
alone on the second week after the tinidazole. I sure hope this kills the cysts
or I will be very unhappy. 3 days of Tinidazole is quite toxic enough. I'm not
keen at all on doing it again.

So, what I was wondering is: Does anyone know how good colloidal silver is at
killing cysts of amoebic dysintery? Also, I am wondering what it does to
healthy gut flora. One of the things that I need to do is reestablish healthy
life forms in the gut. I've read that people use it all the time. Does this
affect nutrient uptake, since some life forms are needed for good digestion and
digestive tract health? It is claimed it will control yeast, but I have read
one person's personal account who did not get yeast control. This scares me as
to whether then it really is totally effective against amoeba cysts.

Thanks
Tish