Hi Luara,

There has been "to much water over the dam" for me to remember what I wrote.

When I run equal sized electrodes i.e. #14 x 5" wet silver wires spaced
about 1 1/2" with constant voltage supply (anything 6v to 36v), I turn off
the voltage when the current reaches about 3 to 4 ma. The voltage level just
determines how fast things will go as will the amout of DW being used.. The
time is also affected by the inital conductane of the DW as well as its
temperature.

Once you specify what you want to do then estimates canbe made ofwhatyou
will get and the time required. There is NO
substitute for a digital multi meter. Harbor Freight Co sells them for
$3.99. That is a good deal  I have several in use and one in the box on the
shelf.

But there have been a lot of improvements since that day.

"Ole Bob"