  From: soundba...@aol.com
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2003 1:35 AM
  Subject: CS>CS Generator

  Hi all...
  For @$7.00 we found a 2 qt Pyrex pitcher with a plastic cover at Walmart...
We put 2 holes in the lid about 5" apart, suspended the silver wire into 2 qts
of distilled water and attached alligator clips to the silver wires on top of
the pitcher. We then placed 3 9v batteries together in series to form the
connection.

  To connect the batteries required 3 9v battery connectors...Radio
Shack.com...cheap...
  They're soldered together 'in series'... To do this solder 1 black alligator
clip to the first black wire...solder the red wire to the black wire of the
next connector...then repeat soldering the red wire of the final connector to
the red alligator clip... If you don't solder plastic connectors available to
attach the wires...

  When the alligator clips are connected to the silver wires poking through the
plastic top...remember not to let the silver wires touch. By touching they will
short, the batteries will overheat and possibly cause a fire... and the CS
process stops.

  Also at Walmart is a cheap aquarium pump...under $7.00 and a stone aerator
and plastic hose for @ $2.00. Place the aerator in the the pour spout of the
Pyrex pitcher with the plastic tubing connected to the pump...Then plug in the
pump to create air bubbles...

  We usually run this process for @ 5hours... Less now that we have CS to
'seed' our next batch.

  I don't have a way to check PPM, but our CS is clear with slight metallic
taste... seems to work fine...and the Pyrex pitcher has a handy pour spout
which is a real plus. We save our CS in glass mason jars. I put them in the
cabinet, but thanks to "Ole Bob", I don't worry anymore that the jars are
clear...thanks...Bob!

  Someone mentioned an inexpensive device to measure PPM...I'd appreciate that
information again...And thanks to everyone on this for all the great
information!

  Comments to improve our process are welcome.
  Kathie