Hi Melody;

I couldn't help but notice your post and this reply is within my
expertise.

IBS comes with a large degree of oxidative stress, that is, free radical
damage in the bowel, similar to Crohn's and colitis. Regardless of the
source of the irritation, this ongoing process/damage can be quenched
with an antioxidant program in addition to dietary changes and bacterial
kill of the improper bowel ecology as you are doing now.
http://members.shaw.ca/duncancrow/medline_links.html
Have a look at the medical archives and you'll see... some of my abnormal
bowel clients are pretty well back to a normal diet again.

regards,

Duncan