Peter Rebaudo wrote:

> Hi:
>
> One infallible remedy for yellow jackets bites is heat, it seems to cook
> the protein rendering the poison harmless.

Are you sure it is cooking the protein?  If that were the case I would
expect the protein in your tissues to be cooked as well, resulting in a very
bad burn.

I think another explaination may be more plausable.  When you heat the skin
two things happen.  The sweat glands open up and discharge fluids and
poisons, and blood circulation increases tremendously.  Both of these would
be expected to transport the poison from the area of the bite much more
quickly than normal.

Marshall