andy,
    I had 3' wire, cut in 3 = lengths, got a cookie jar [about 8" tall x
5ish}
that has a thick wooden top [1"-ISH], drilled 3 holes across [thru the
top] just
big enough to slip the #12 wire thru.  3-holes, 3 pieces with a bitty
curl at the
top end. 2-outside wires connected together go to +,  middle goes [duhhh]
 -,...of
my single 9v alk-batt. with clip leads. The 3 wires hang down to near the
bottom and thence each is bent upwards [ U-shapped].  the wire = #12,
.9999 [arnold beland]
The whole outfit, inclu wire, batt, cookie-jar and 87cent gal DW was less
than
$15.
.........it probably took longer to write this than it took to get my
first batch cookin.
regards,  davido