I may have been talking out of my hat when I mentioned plasticizer, but what I
tasted had a distinct (to me) paraffin taste...

Dan

Mike Monett wrote:

> url: http://escribe.com/health/thesilverlist/m61564.html

> CS>Distilled Water
> From: Dan Nave
> Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 10:17:15
>
>   Hi Dan,
>
>   Yes, I  occasionally  get a whiff of plasticizer when I  open  a new
>   bottle of dw. So far I haven't noticed any difference in the  cs due
>   to plasticizer.

What is the recycle number on the bottle that comes in?  Normally DW comes
in HDPE, same as most gallon milk cartons, and HDPE does not require a
plasticizer, although I have known it to be added by some mfgs anyway.

Marshall