Whoa!  Hold on Mike!

>  Ken's Silverpuppy  runs at 24 ppm. Knowing the problems  he  has had
>  with you in the past on calibration solutions for the Hanna, and the
>  care he  takes with the numbers he posts, I tend to believe  him. So
>  that's 24 ppm for round 12 ga wire. A considerable improvement.
>
>  But now you now state you can make 45 ppm that is crystal clear. Why
>  didn't you say that before? And if you can, how soon can you  put it
>  in production?
>
>  If you can make it, I'll buy it. Neither Ken nor myself can  do that
>  with round  12 ga. But first you have to show me. Send  me  some and
>  I'll do a simple salt test and look at the dispersion:)
 ##I CAN make over 24 PPM and so can you [I just can't do it with ultra low
current and no stirring]...the auto off is set to 24 PPM because over that,
'some' people get into trouble. I have no doubt that Trem can do the same.
The generators are not all that different. We get to similar places in
slightly different ways, that's all.
   There is now an auto off bypass switch so any PPM can be made or lousy
water can be used if needed.
 Also, I have lab tests that say that that 24 PPM is actually 45.5 PPM and
other results that say it's 20 PPM. I just don't know who to believe , so,
I go with "my" PWT and Trems fudge factor just so we're all on the same
page.  We need some sort of standard just to communicate...even if it's wrong?
 It's not so much 'care' as it is caution.  The bold FACT is, I don't know
and have no way to find out when everyone else claims to know but can't agree.

 The problems I had with the PWTs had to do with Hannas incompetence in
packaging calibration solutions. The meters themselves are very good as far
as they go and for what they do while we mis-apply them.
 I had no problems with Trem.
 Hanna is obtuse and gives everyone the run around [including Trem] before
admitting an obvious error. It just took both of us yelling to move
Hanna...and some small amount of effort to get past Trems faith in Hanna.

>  Your are  correct, a bipolar or MOSFET switch does  have  leakage in
>  the off state. This can be in the nanoampere range.
>
>  With 2  gal  of  dw, this would add 2e-6 ppm per  hour,  which  is a
>  totally insignificant amount.
###  Except that over a period of several hours, some strange deposits can
grow.  Harmless and dissipates or is filterable,  but not very pretty. It's
a minor problem that can become significant if a great deal of negligence
is employed.

>  A relay  also  has  measurable leakage and cannot  be  used  in some
>  sensitive circuits  I design. But the greatest problem  with leakage
>  currents is the pcb itself. Look up "guard ring".
>
>  The residual flux used in soldering can also be a major  problem. If
>  you try  to  clean  the  pcb  with  alcohol,  you  can  leave highly
>  conductive salts  that  cause  a   short  between  traces.  When the
>  humidity gets  high, this can cause an amazing amount of  leakage. I
>  have measured resistances as low as 10kohm between two traces.
##  Naptha does a wonderful job on flux residue...or use water base flux
and wash well.
 But regardless of internal leakage, a mechanical relay does do the job
where it counts and "off" is absolutely off so far as the cell is
concerned. A low voltage on a significant air gap is pretty much off,
wouldn't you say? Personally, I'd rather not use any mechanical parts at
all and a small amount of leakage is the price for utter reliability.
..nor do I use MOSFETS as a spike can kill those things in an instant.
 PS, I also use an Op amp as a comparator.  They take a long time to make
up their minds. [a good thing]
 These are simple slow 'insensitive' circuits.
 Stone age stuff.
  My circuitry was designed by a engineer with 55+ years experience..one of
the 5 rogue IBM people who started Terminal Communications Inc beating IBM
at their own game for quite a while....now owned by Telex/Memorex. [Also
has several patents]
 He's retired now and designing state of the art 3D laser optical and
magnetic scanning devices.
 A rocket scientist can still hammer out a slingshot..he just has to know
when that's appropriate.
 Remember K.I.S.S.?

 Me?
 A Delta V flys so far over my head that it might as well be a satellite.
  I know how to put oddball things together and watch what they do...not
always exactly what they are.

 If it works like you want it to, don't fix it.

 Mike, you could be just too darned smart for this.  ;-)
[That's a compliment]
 Ode [Ken]