From: Reid Harvey [mailto:pott...@wlink.com.np]
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 1:24 AM
To: silver list
Subject: Re: CS>3200 ppm CS & Mexico¹s drinking water

Hi Bill,
Thanks for this information.  BTW I think if you check the math you'll
find that 0.32% solution is the same as 3200ppm.  Also, I think a rough
verification of ppm is to be had by using a Hanna PWT where adding
Microdyn drop by drop to a measured amount of water.

Out of curiosity do you know of any studies of the effects of Microdyn
or the other brands?
Regards,
Reid

Bill Missett wrote:
Reid & Jack:

There are at least five companies in Mexico producing CS with the same
rating as Microdyn (not 3200 ppm, but rather 0.32 percent CS rating on
the
label). Some go higher, to 0.35 and 0.36.

We went around and around on this issue years ago, and to my knowledge,
no
one has ever tested Microdyn for its actual ppm rating.  But it is very
potent, working in DROP dosages instead of teaspoon or tablespoon doses.

About one year ago, Microdyn repackaged its product, going from a 25 ml
bottle to a 15 ml bottle, keeping the price the same.  At the same time,
one
of the CS competitors, Bac-Dyn, produced a 35 ml bottle at a lower price

than the 15 ml Microdyn. (About 80 cents a bottle versus $1US)  I
quickly
bought up about 15 bottles of the Bac-Dyn.  (CS price wars in Mexico!!)

But about 8-10 months ago, I read a post from Marshall Dudley (I
believe)
who said he had produced a bad batch of CS, and it had turned his
fingernails blue.  I checked my fingernails, and damned if they weren't
blue.

I blamed the Bac-Dyn, because I had been taking MicroDyn for six years
with
no problems whatsoever.  I immediately stopped taking the Bac-Dyn
internally
(but kept using it externally) and within three months, my fingernails
were
back to normal.

Although practically everybody in Mexico uses Microdyn or one of the
other
CS products, I have never seen a blue Mexican.  They are all a lovely
shade
of brown.

That's about as anecdotal as you can get.

Bill Missett
Puerto Escondido, Oaxaca, Mexico

 ps:  MicroDyn also sells its product in 1&2 liter bottle sizes, at huge

discounts.  I understand it is available at the Price Club and Sam's
Club in
Acapulco, the nearest big city to me.

List maintainer: Mike Devour <mdev...@eskimo.com>

---