On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 21:05:58 -0700 (PDT), Shirley Reed
<pj20...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>    How does one take cs internally and replenish the good 'flora and fauna'
> without breaking the bank?

If your only source of water is CS, then you might need some
probiotics.  Otherwise, a little bit of CS (say, 4 ounces) isn't going
to do a thing to your normal flora.

>Will good yogurt do the job?  And just when should the yogurt be taken?

Yogurt will add acidophilus to your system.  But most of it will be
killed by your upper intestine (which is supposed to be sterile).  You
can eat it anytime you wish.

Or ... if you're concerned about adding some probiotics, there are
many sources of tablets/capsules that are much cheaper than yogurt --
even if you make your own yogurt.  You might look at Twinlab "Yeast
Fighters" or Dr. Jon's Our Health Co-op "Probiotics 5."

>I am under the impression that eating about 2 or 3 ounces of yogurt about 2
>hours after taking the cs will be the thing to do.  Having discovered that cs
>in any appreciable amount will result in nausea, I am very interested in
>hearing responses.

Hmm.  Sounds like you already have a good infestation of "bad"
bacteria.  Good bacteria might replace the bad bacteria and get rid of
the nausea you notice.

-- Dean -- from (almost) Des Moines -- KB0ZDF