> For anyone who has thought about building a magnetic pulser using the
> small party strobe from radio shack, that particular strobe light has
> just been discontinued.  Radio shack still has some ....and can probably
> still order them for you....they are now priced at 10.97 instead of
> 35.00......so the price  has never been better for this project.  There
> is other special instructions in the archives from Brooks Bradley at
> http://escribe.com/health/thesilverlist/m42428.html The fuller set of
> instructions is at: http://www.royalrife.com/superthumpy.html I am
> currently planning to build 3 for myself and friends.....Robb

I recently finished modifying exactly that unit. It ends up being a
pretty sweet little package, with an extra cable coming out of the back
panel above the line cord and a on-off-momentary spdt switch next to
the pulse rate control that lets me put it in auto mode *or* manually
trigger it.

I substituted a 270 uF 400 and something volt cap, which seems to work,
but I am concerned that I am not getting the power I should.

The "washer test" with a 1/4" ID common washer barely bobbles the
thing. There is a small thump in the coil when it pulses and the flash
tube seems to be very bright and the flash rather prolonged, when you
consider that most of the power is *supposed* to be dumped into the
coil.

I wonder if I have a short in the coil? The resistance is about right,
but I can't be sure otherwise. Is there any better way to test it?

Thanks, all, and my apologies for the OT digression.

Mike D.