Perhaps our definitions of explode are different.  I believe all that happend
was the the H2O2 came out of solution, like a soda or coke does, and the
pressure built up until the bottle broke.  I don't believe the H2O2 exploded,
but the bottle simply broke due to the pressure.  If you put a soft drink in the
same bottle the same thing would happen if you heated it.

3% H2O2 is unstable in that it will quickly evolve oxygen and reduce to water,
especially in the prescence of certain chemicals and heat.  Higher percentages
of H2O2 can however really explode, where the rapid evolution of oxygen can be
triggered by a shock wave generated by rapid evolution of oxygen. In this case
you do not need a closed container that simply ruptures, but it could actually
be open and still explode.  I have seen pictures of rail cars split wide open by
this.

Marshall