Even one nine or a single AAA will do.
Time is the difference and also depends on electrode spacing, area and water conductivity.
If you start out with a higher voltage, the process gets started faster..but can also run away faster.
A higher voltage enables a higher current draw as water conductivity increases with the addition of silver ions.
I think it's best to tailor the voltage to the ever changing conditions.
That's what current controls do.
Ode