Peter Rebaudo wrote:

> Hi:
> Get a hold of this tale !
>
> The positive silver electrode is introduced into a DW container, 300cc,
> the other is outside the glass  container.
> DW measures  1.0 u Siemens
> Voltage= 34V
> Supply: Sota constant current set a 1mA.
> After 2 days, 2.4uS
> After 5 days, 14.0 uS and a heaviest, by far, Tyndall I have ever seen.
> The final product have zero taste.
> The electrodes have no darkening or coating what so ever.
> There was no sediments.
> The container was glass 2" in diameter by 7.5" high
> Electrodes 12 Ga, 5.5" summerged.
> The voltage stay constant at 34V,  there was no measurable current.

How was the electrode outside the container submerged?

If the glass was submerged in another container which had water in it, then
the likely explaination is that glass is a slight conductor of electricity.
Depending on the glass, the conductivity can vary from .13 megohm-cm (
corning 0080) to 30,000 megohm-cm (G.E. Silica).

Basically this would be similar to the socked electrode discussed previously
on this list, but using glass as the "sock".

Marshall