I'll stick with my wide variety of meats, potatoes, salads,
veggies and little fruit and nuts and beer...bread in a bottle.

Power food. Big boy food. Food for thinking.

Every vegetarian I've ever known looked like they were
walking northbound on the tracks and never saw the
southbound express hit 'em dead on.

I'll bet ur gonna tell me now that all those vegetarians weren't
eating the right veggies.

At 05:22 PM 11/15/2003 +0000, you wrote:
On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 10:37:16 -0600, Dan Nave wrote in
<000501c3ab96$bb58a9e0$48af7...@comcast.net>:

>It was my understanding that eating only muscle meat
>would not be healthy. A person would have to eat organ
>meats also.  (And fats, I suppose.)

Genetically, judging by his teeth and the length
of his intestine, the human body is a fruit-nut-grain
eater.

Meat is an emergency food in the first place!
A high protein diet leads to an over-acidic body
with all its problems, to name only osteoporosis.

Vegetarian diet, on the other hand, can be eaten forever
without any negative consequences. The person needs only
to make sure that vitamin B12 (which is produced by
bacteria in lactic fermentation of vegetables) is eaten
in sufficient quantities.

Also the food must be organic, or certain minerals (iron etc.)
will have to be added. And basic reading about food must
have been done (for instance, to combine the right fruits
to make a complete protein, etc.)

Heidrun Beer

Workgroup for Fundamental Spiritual Research and Mental Training
http://www.sgmt.at