Check into the art of "cupping"

Basically, it's the formation of a vaccuum by reducing the volume of hot
air in a cup or bottle when it cools.
 One way is to place a piece of toilet paper soaked in alchohol in a tall
shot glass, light it and snuff it out against the skin.
 Another way is to heat the cup in hot water and let it cool against the skin.

 I've even found that squeezing the air out of a sturdy plastic bottle [
asprin bottle] and letting it expand will induce a pretty good vaccuum.

 great for boils and such

Ode