From: Thora Rasmussen [mailto:mugg...@rockies.net]
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 6:22 AM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: CS>Nutrient depleted soil

Does anyone have info on what constitutes good soil management.  What kind
of organic material is needed to keep our soil healthy?  I have considered
replacing the soil in my garden with soil from the mountains around here.
We still have land that has never been worked by man at all.  But any
suggestions, especially based on research would be appreciated.  In
particular for trace minerals.

As a side bar, can trace minerals be purchased in supplement form in Canada
that anyone know of?  They seem to be the thing I am lacking the most.  The
only thing I have seen so far is a multivitamin that contains some trace
minerals, but I don't want the entire range of vitamins, just those I am
short on.

Thora